Saturday, August 29, 2009

Swansea vs. Pelion

Well, we made it to the game! I realized it's an accomplishment just to even do that - especially since we were already having meltdowns ON THE WAY.

We got there about 7:15. Kickoff was at 7:30. We hurried in but missed the boys running through the banner. BUT on the way in the line was crazy long. I was so thankful to have my High School league pass. It lets me go straight to the gate and walk on in (one of the perks of being a coach's wife).

The other day Trey took the boys to the Dollar Tree. When they came home they both had animal shaped hats. Well, they INSISTED on wearing these hats to the game. So as you see below, they had on their animals hats with their bookbags. They each had their bookbag which housed one monster truck, a bag of sweet snacks, capri suns and popcorn. They were thrilled to have their bookbags to take. When we finally got there and were walking in, everyone was staring and laughing at the hats (I'm sure they thought it was cute). I just walked on by like nothing was out of the ordinary. I mean, really it wasn't.

The first quarter was great. The kids behaved. The second quarter was the beginning of the end. The boys had eaten their food and were getting bored. We barely made it to the end of the 2nd quarter and when it was over we left. I couldn't take any more fighting and crying.

I hated to leave. The score was 13-7, Swansea. But they ended up losing. The offensive coordinator, who thinks he has college-level players, CREATED NEW PLAYS AT HALFTIME for the boys. Can you say IDIOT? Why would you even run new plays when a game is that close? Maybe I need to be the offensive coordinator. Someone get me the number for Swansea.

Anyways, here are the pictures as promised.



Nolan looking up to his big brother.


Ready to go! Animal hats and bookbags - check!

Happy Peyton - first quarter

Daddy on the field

Peyton getting in the way of my shot...too funny not to share.

Swansea on Offense
I don't know this kid but how adorable is that huge jersey on him? I imagine it won't be long before this is Peyton or Nolan.

A happy Nolan - during the first quarter
Next week they play at North. I have no intentions of going to an away game. Maybe I'll do something fun with the kids and take pictures. Time will tell!

0 comments: